We are a technology team dedicated to innovation in healthcare and life sciences. We inspire clients to make change happen and we support our people to be courageous in doing the right thing.
As a Tech Lead you will work as part of our new Data Innovation team to build scalable cloud software enabling great user experience that encourage data driven decisions. You will be leading a team of data scientists, data engineers, software engineers (Front/Back end) and product managers designing and developing products. You can expect to be part of an agile development environment where people value good engineering practices. You will have access to unique and rich datasets and healthcare expertise to build impactful web applications enabling healthcare and life sciences companies to run more effectively.
As Tech lead you will lead our product and data pods, responsible for our front end and back end development, providing data services to consulting teams and software services to health systems. These tools are used by our clients to gain insights to the unfolding of the recovery from pandemic, improve population health outcomes and reduce health inequalities. Your day to day work would be a balance between mentoring engineers, scaling our cloud platform and providing individual contributions to projects.
Over the past couple years, we have been proud to support the NHS in its response to the pandemic and the drive to vaccinate the population. Our products have been praised for creating insight into the uptake of vaccines across the country, including highlighting differences in uptake by ethnicity and deprivation. These have been used to target gaps with communications and interventions to increase uptake to ensure that as a country we move forward as rapidly and equitably as possible.
- You’ll have significant software development leadership experience, which will include mentoring developers, pair programming and setting up learning sessions
- You have line management experience and ability to successfully drive technical progress of a team
- Experience writing production-grade code that follows industry best practice in terms of code structure and style
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS or GCP), we use AWS
- Experience with Python REST APIs (Flask, FastAPI)
- DevOps experience of working with containerisation (Docker, Terraform, CI …)
- In depth experience with any Database technology (SQL or NoSQL), we mainly use PostgreSQL
- You have in depth system design experience
- Experience of working in agile development environment
- Experience or interest in working with healthcare clients
- Data Science experience
- Interest in Functional Programming paradigm and declarative practices in general
- Ability to identify new solutions to healthcare problems and prioritise the development focus of the team
We have a hybrid-working policy. This will see our employees collaborate face to face, irrespective of location for at least 60% of their allocated time on a project, remainder of the week can be spent working remotely.